The Economic Section offers advice and support to South African exporters and Japanese importers, as well as facilitate business activities, ie. investments into South Africa.
Economic Section’s mission is to increase South Africa’s capability and capacity to promote exports into Japan; increase and retain the level of foreign direct investment and facilitate government-government economic collaborations.
To carry out this mandate, Economic Section regularly interacts with Japanese and South African business stakeholders, especially industry and sector customers through various forums, advisory bodies, stakeholder meetings, conferences, exhibitions and business missions.
The Economic Section is responsible for promoting South Africa as a prime destination for investment. Offerings provided by Economic Section include:
- Identifying potential investors
- Promoting investment opportunities in key sectors
- Facilitating investment into South Africa from Japan
- Providing general information on investing in South Africa
- Arranging outward investment missions
- Facilitating funding and government support
- Export promotion
Economic Section is responsible for promoting South African goods and services into the Japanese market.
Some of the services and offerings provided by Economic Section include:
- Gathering market intelligence
- Identifying products with potential into the Japanese market
- Identifying and facilitate the removal of obstacles impeding export growth
- Matching potential exporters with Japanese buyers
- Providing information and advisory services
- Providing export market information